We are currently seeking books in the categories:
- African-American History and Biography
- Alternative Energy & Building
- New York City History
- Organic Gardening and Permaculture
- Philosophy, Spirituality, Eastern Religions, Inspirational, Self-Help
- Sailing and Boating
- Sustainability, Green Living, Urban Planning, Self-Sufficiency
- Yoga, Tai-Chi, Martial Arts
- African-American authors
- Best-sellers from previous 2 years
If you have books in these catagories that you want to donate, please bring the books any day (except Monday) between Noon and 5pm. An additional phone call before you come is also helpful, 'though not necessary.
If you have books that you want to sell, or if these times don't work for you, special arrangements need to be made with the book manager Katie McCarthy.
Here is our contact info:
email@example.com or 718-447-8256
When we last checked, there were TWO other thrift stores on
that we are aware of who might be accepting used books:
Tottenville Thrift Shop
223 Main Street, SI, NY 10307.
Call first to make sure they are open, their hours are limited.
Bay Street Thrift
1090 Bay Street, SI, NY 10305
Call first. They don't want large quantities, but one box or so is fine.
Also consider these options:
Book donations to NYPL
NYC Books Through Bars
Stop 'N' Swap® | GrowNYC
We are partnering with online book network BIBLIO. Here is a tool for searching their network for books:
ETG Book Cafe EVENTS Every